Facts about ageing
all want to retain our youthful exuberance and appearance, yet we cannot
completely put off the inevitable, that over time our bodies will eventually succumb to age.
Youthfulness is to be enjoyed when we're
We all age at a different rate, some reach their later years and still look as if they are half their age, while
others look a lot older than their actual years. The cause is in genetics, diet
Genetics plays a role in our general features and characteristics, but it has
less of an effect than diet and lifestyle.
Those who have a lifestyle that does not support the body will age more rapidly.
A good lifestyle here is about managing stress, getting enough sleep while
maintaining good physical and mental hygiene.
Those who eat a diet that clogs their skin and other body systems also succumb
to premature ageing. Dry skin for instance is often caused by eating
insufficient leafy green veggies. Those who eat a heavy combination of sweets,
fats, starches and proteins tend to clog up all their body systems as well as
Those who burn the candle at both ends, and have a poor diet and lifestyle
usually age prematurely and there are few cosmetics that can reverse the signs
So many want a guaranteed solution to stay forever young
Unfortunately, there is no guarantee. We live in a world
full of experts and not very many of them can agree on how we can stay young.
They all have their theories based on their particular science and observation
and no prescriptions have been 100% effective.
The main opinion of this article is from home-grown wisdom and research done
in the field of complementary medicine. This opinion
recognises that there is no cure for damage done although damage done can be
repaired to some degree.
In our day-to-day lives, there is a wide range of cosmetic fillers and
foundations that create a temporary illusion, but at the
end of the day it simply washes of and we are left as we really are.
Ageing is not a problem, it's our perception
Fear of ageing may come from enjoying life so much and not wanting it to end, or
there is a fear of experiencing a life review. The signs of ageing when we
are young are exciting, that means we can do more like go out at night or go to
bars and clubs. But in later life, those signs of ageing can remind us of our
mortality or more significantly set us back in the competitions of life as
younger people push us aside.
Generally, with age comes a certain maturity and an ability to laugh at
ourselves as well as an appreciation of our
mortality. We all have this ability to appreciate our
reality and enjoy the middle ground.
The middle ground is about finding that balance where we can be content with who we are and how we appear.
The middle ground can come from discovering that what makes life grand, from
knowing what isn't
always real and what makes it terrible without being distressed.
If we can embrace all these ups and downs as an opportunity to dig deeper
into what true existence really is about and accept that sometimes there is a
love/hate relationship with life, we can begin to focus on living for the things
that are genuine and that don't die with us, like love, nature, purpose, passion
We can also let our perception of what is terrible be targeted towards our own
unconsciousness that we hold sometimes, to our own divinity and magic. If we can
turn terrible into an epiphany, then maybe we can lift this self judgemental veil
that says we are not good enough.
The really terrible thing about ageing is when we lose faith in ourselves or get lost in the
illusion of separation, or feel powerless to forces that have no real power.
The thing to live for is YOU and all the divine reflections that are around us. It's
about finding the will to care for you and to accept change.
Tips for good skin health
Listen darlings, ageing can be beautiful, and you can't hold back the inevitable.
What's more important is that you retain your sense of humour!
- Eat a healthy diet based on whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetaables and small amounts of meat if any.
- Do your best to avoid chemically grown foods that contaminate and destroy not only our skin, but also cause cancers and other illnesses.
- Exercise your body so that you actually sweat two or three times a week
- Take a shower and wash your body every day, but use a minimal soap as many soaps are damaging to our skin.
- Spend a little time naked every day, ideally 10 to 15 minutes in the early morning sun will give us our daily vitamin D intake and helped keep our skin healthier.
- Don't be too fussed about getting dirty when its dirt from the garden or mud on the farm that's not contaminated by horticultural chemicals.
- Have regular massages, these are good not only for your skin, but your entire metabolism.
- Use cosmetics for special occasions rather than every day. Many cosmetics contain substances that can be harmful to our skin.
Tips for facial care in addition to the above:
Remember that your skin will sag because the muscles underneath are no longer holding in place, therefore you must not only consider your skin, you must also
consider your muscles and keep them toned but if you are going to maintain that youthful appearance.
- Wash your face with warm water and minimal soap for general cleaning. Warm water opens your pores and soften the skin, so rinse off with cold water which tightens your skin again.
- Gently massage your face two or three times a day, this helps to release the stress that causes many of those fine lines and wrinkles.
In fact it's probably the massage that does your face more good than all the creams that are applied.
- Smiling and laughing are the best exercises to maintain the health of all your facial muscles.
If you try to hard you may end up with a greater mess. There are thousands of images around the web of celebrities
with their faces puffed up with Botox and other fillers. When injected with skilled precision, the results can be very good.
But so often the result is terrible hence the expression 'the cure is worse than the disease'.
Collagen is the main structural protein of the various connective tissues in animals. As
the main component of connective tissue, it is the most abundant protein in
mammals, making up from 25% to 35% of the whole-body protein content. But due to
poor diet and lifestyle it can become depleted in humans.
Collagen replacement injections can cost as much as $2,800 per year, but
Intensiv™ incorporate the latest medical breakthroughs in natural collagen
renewal. This encourages your skin to naturally increase collagen production for a
visible reduction of wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and more.
If you are looking for a product to help give your skin a
more youthful appearance, it will help.
A cosmetic to plump up tissues and reduce the appearance of facial lines.
Its made from the botulinum toxin, this is a protein and neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum which is the most acutely toxic substance known to mankind which in its live form can cause botulism, a serious and life-threatening illness in humans and animals.
Botox in injected under the skin by a licensed clinician and the results of cosmetic procedures vary, but can last from 6 weeks to eight months. Side effects seem to be rare, mild and treatable.
A natural alternative to botox, Natox is another way to challenge the signs of ageing using organic ingredients which is applied like any cosmetic and does not need to be injected.
How it differs to Botox:
- At the site of injection, the Botox toxin binds to the nerve endings blocking the release of acetylcholine (a signaling neurotransmitter) and therefore the signal for the muscle to contract is blocked.
- Natox achieves the same result using high energy discharges at specific frequencies to create uniquely structured resonating particles. These particles give off a specific frequency that disrupts the synapse between the nerve endings and the muscle, blocking the signal for superfluous muscles contraction and resulting in a relaxation of facial lines
Hair care products