treats and internal cleansing
Please do not confuse juices with puree!!
Juices are extracted from the fruit or vegetable, and all the pulp or fibre is
discarded so you drink a large quantity of refined nutrition without the bulky
fibre to support it. Puree contains the entire fruit or veggie and is the
- Extracted fruit and juices contain
high levels of sugar and even when made from fresh organic fruits or veggies, should be
- Commercial fruit and veggie juices are
usually made from reconstituted juice containing high levels of sugar and they may
also contain potentially harmful additives that are used to enhance the
flavour or act as preservatives.
Eating a whole fruit or vegetable is better than drinking the juice, but if you
must and really fresh juice is a treat, extract the juice yourself. Drink it
mouthful by mouthful – slowly, because you must let it mix with your saliva
before swallowing it.
Here you eat the entire fruit or vegetable and purees help by reducing the
workload of your stomach. Simply clean and put the entire fruit or veggie to
your blender, usually with some water to make it liquid and blend.
Drink it mouthful by mouthful and chew, because you must let it mix with your
saliva before swallowing it.
There are hundreds of combinations and here are a few favourites:
- 1 carrot, 1 apple and ginger to taste
- 1 Apple, 1 orange with a pinch of cinnamon
- 1 Carrot, a bunch of spinach and ginger to taste - I like a piece about
half the size of my thumb.
- 1 carrot, 1 beetroot and ginger to taste
- As above with vegetable and nuts or seeds - but too many nuts or seeds can
- Apple, carrot and beetroot (red beet), a famous
Juice power mix.
As you experiment, you'll get some interesting colours, but don't let the
colours put you off.
- pure juices will contribute to attention deficit disorders in children
- for young children give only small amounts and
- baby puree usually needs to be cooked.
Shankhaprakshalana yogic cleansing.